Monday, July 4, 2011

Makeup by Teal... Storage by The Container Store

I'm becoming a beauty and MAKEUP junkie... and like any junkie I over indulge.  I see things I like and I want to try and I don't hesitate in making my purchase...  Storing all of my beauty treasures was becoming a true challenge so I headed to Mr Google to see what my options were...  I started my search with Ikea and I soon realized that I needed something more durable than Ikea...  So I started to think that Marshalls may have something that could work for me, as I'm about to head out to begin my search for storage solutions something told me to slow my roll and try Mr Google one more time....  

I remembered that my favorite local makeup artist, coworker, and friend uses a plastic fishing tackle box that she got from Costco to store her makeup ...  The tackle box reminded me of something that The Container Store would have...  So I headed to The Container Stores website and low and behold they were advertising their annual "happy organized Home Sale"....   so you know what that meant, right?   I put on my shoes and I headed to The Container Store and this my dear makeup mavens is the result of my makeup storage shopping adventure:

3-Drawer Storage Chest on Sale for $17.99 the top of the storage chest houses my makeup brushes ---  which provides easy access!


Le Brushes!   along with other misc. items such as my sponges, tweezers, scissors and a few other items...



The top drawer houses my palettes as well as my foundations and powders, and false eyelashes...


Drawer 2 houses my concealers, primers, bases, and some of my smaller shadow palettes as well as my individual eye shadows....  and I can't forget my jumbo pencils.

The 3rd and final drawer houses my misc shadows that I use on rare occasions as well as bronzers and overflow makeup brushes.

So this is it!   As long as I maintain some sort of control this should hold me for some time.  The entire system cost $30.00 and it was $30.00 well spent...  I also purchased the inserts at The Container Store  they came in bundles of 4 for the smaller ones and 3 inserts for the longer inserts.  The inserts ranged in price from $1.99 to $7.99 per bundle....  Not bad huh?  

If you are looking to store your cosmetics or anything else I would check out The Container Store....  they have an excellent sale going on until Labor Day...  and if you don't have a Container Store in your neck of the woods you can always order online...  and if you order online before August 21, 2011 you can receive 10% off by using the following code:  click10offer.

Happy Storing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment