Monday, January 17, 2011

Who needs MAC, when you got NYX?!?!?!?

I must admit...  I was a dedicated MAC Whore.  I would sell my soul to the devil for some MAC makeup...  but then the recession hit, and I lost my GOOD PAYING JOB, and I had to learn to DO WITHOUT...  and it's been years since I have been able to do a hard core MAC splurge (thank God for a good friend who is a MAC PRO,  and extends her generous discount whenever she visits the MAC store)...

So back to the topic at hand...

Have my Makeup Mavens heard of NYX?!?!?!?  

OMG?!?!?!?  can you say crack in a palette?   crack in a palette at meth prices!   Yooooooooo, NYX is the business...  

So you all know my story...  major surgery, sitting on my ass, bored to pieces, and poof here comes you tube with all this makeup awesomeness and although there are many a Maven who are dedicated MAC pushers, you will also find several girls who are down with NYX...  so after hearing about NYX, I just had to peep NYX and low and behold they sell it at my local beauty supply store.  Now let me be honest and tell you that when I saw NYX products at the beauty supply, I was like HELL TO DA NAWL.  But, after so  much positive feedback I decided to give it a try....

Now, before you read this review, I need you to remember a few things...  I am new to this makeup blogging thing  (noticed I said NEW to  makeup blogs), so I am not up to speed with the lingo!  so don't go to hard on a old girl...  

I have obsessive compulsive tendencies... when I try something, I go HARD...  and that statement holds true with NYX...   first and foremost the Jumbo Eye Pencils are the business, they can make any color pop, and they also do well standing alone....


The lip-liners could easily give MAC a run for there money and at $1.49 a pop they are well worth a try...

I have more...  but motherhood calls!  stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment